This service is chosen by Landlords, who wish to be actively involved in the management and day to day running of their properties. We advise that if you do choose this service that you have a good knowledge of the Housing Act 1988 (amended 1996) together with a thorough understanding of current safety and deposit regulations.
Before we commence with the marketing of your property, we will need to obtain the correct safety certificates to ensure the property is safe for your tenants and to protect your interests. Either we can organise these or you can arrange them yourself.
The certificates currently required are:
Gas Safety Certificate
Electrical Safety Certificate
An Energy Performance Certificate
Fire and Furniture Compliance
Upon your instruction, we will fully market the property including full colour advertising and the inclusion on both our and all of the major websites.
In addition, we will contact all applicants that are registered on our extensive database both by phone and through our instant email and text property alert system and arrange viewings for those suitable.
An experienced member of our staff will normally accompany all prospective tenants to the property, to deal with any questions and to gauge interest.
If an applicant wishes to proceed, we will consult with you and subject to an agreement being reached; we will take a non refundable reservation fee from the tenant to show their commitment. The prospective tenant will then be asked to complete the relevant paperwork to allow us to commence with the referencing. Once the forms are completed, we will forward them to an independent referencing agency for them to check their credit worthiness and suitability as tenants.
Subject to a satisfactory report being obtained, we will prepare the relevant legal documentation, finalise the move in date and arrange for an inventory/check in if you have requested this service. Before the tenant takes occupation, we will collect the security deposit (usually six weeks rent) and the first month’s rental payment.
Upon completion of the let we will send you a full Landlords pack which will contain all the documentation required to commence with the further management of your property.
Included will be:
The Tenancy Agreement
A signed Standing Order for the future rent payments
A Gas Safety Certificate (If required)
An Electrical Safety Certificate (If requested)
An Energy Performance Certificate
An Inventory / Check In report
Legal and Rent Protection policy (If requested)
A Tenancy Deposit Certificate (If deposit held by us)
A statement showing monies received and all disbursements
Notifying landlords and tenants two months prior to the end of the tenancy agreement
Negotiating rent review and issuing new tenancy agreement (subject to additional fee)
Issuing legal notices (subject to additional fee)
Once the tenants have taken occupation, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the property. This includes the collection of rent, arranging for maintenance and repairs, the renewal of safety certificates, the completion of all insurance forms and any other matters which may arise during the course of the tenancy.
Rent Collection and Legal Administration
Our Rent Collection Service is chosen by Landlords who want us to look after the legal and rent collection aspects of the tenancy, whilst they look after the repairs and any other issues which may arise. The main features of this service are:
- We will collect the monthly rent from the tenant
- The rent will be forwarded to an account of your choice
- Our accounts department will email or post you a statement showing the transfer of funds
- We will arrange for the relevant safety certificates to be renewed at the correct time
- Our legal administration department will issue the correct type of notice at the right time
- We will advise if a rent increase should be negotiated upon the extension of a contract
- Negotiating rent extensions and tenancy renewals
- Should an extension be agreed we will arrange for the documentation to be completed and signed
- If you have taken Rent and Legal Insurance, we will deal with any claim on your behalf
Our Fully Managed Service allows Landlords to ‘sit back and relax’ safe in the knowledge that their property is being professionally looked after.
We have a dedicated and experienced management team who will look after your property and whether you are based in the UK or abroad they will be able to advise on any aspects of the tenancy, ensuring that we make renting an easy experience for you.
In addition to our other services, our Full Management service offers the following additional benefits:
- The organisation of inventory preparation and check in reports at the beginning of a tenancy
- Regular property inspections and written reports, including pictures, emailed or posted to you throughout the tenancy (emailed to overseas clients)
- The organisation of general maintenance and repairs up to an agreed amount
- Organising estimates for repairs outside the agreed amount for your consideration
- Dealing with property related insurance claims and overseeing works
- The renewal of Guarantees / Warranties when and if required
- The organisation of property check outs at the end of the tenancy
- Dealing with deposit returns/disputes and if required submitting papers to the TDS for adjudication
We hope the above give you an indication of the services we can provide, but should you wish for further information please feel free to speak with a member of our Lettings Team who will be happy to assist.
For details of our fees please click here